Monday, March 22, 2010

How Could I Resist??!!

I never imagined I'd be buying my daughter her first DOLL!!

You heard me right... not a monster truck or rubber bug, but an adorable Cabbage Patch Kid DOLL!!

To be honest, I didn't go out looking to buy it...
I think it rather found me!

There we were wandering the aisles of Walmart. I was getting some last minute groceries and once we were finished, the boys begged to go to the toy section. As they were looking at Legos, I started scanning the clearance area. My eyes naturally went to all the Hot Wheels, robots, Legos and boy things that I'm so used to looking at. I noticed that there was a Cabbage Patch Kid with brown curly hair sitting on the shelf and I laughed as I remembered BEGGING my Mom when I was little for a Cabbage Patch Kid of my own. That was during the 80's craze when people would line up for hours to try to get a chance of buying one. It was funny to see Cabbage Patch kids again! I reached up and pulled it down off the shelf and noticed another one hiding behind it. When I looked, I couldn't believe my eyes.... there was the cutest Cabbage Patch Kid with dark brown eyes and dark black-brown straight hair cut into a bob. Although we don't know what our daughter looks like yet, I would have to bet she will have dark brown eyes and dark black-brown straight hair too! I couldn't believe my luck!! Knowing that every Cabbage Patch Kid is different, I knew I had found my daughter's first doll!


So... she now sits in Kolby's room on the table. I smile every time I see her. I'm sure my Mom is going to start sewing doll clothes as soon as she gets a chance! Maybe she can make her a matching hanbok (traditional Korean dress)! So was this coincidence? I don't know... but I do know that I can't wait for the day that I can give our daughter this Cabbage Patch Kid as her very own!

0 comments: