Sunday, June 20, 2010

Delayed again...

Friday we received a packet in the mail from USCIS (US Customs/Immigration).

My heart started beating... what could it be? We had sent in all of our paperwork for our I600A three weeks ago, but still had our fingerprinting appointments... could this be our approval?

Unfortunately, our hearts sank when we saw the letter.

Its a request for further evidence.

Basically, it said that our homestudy was missing some information. Strangely, some of the information requested is actually in our homestudy, but perhaps the wording needs to be changed? We have contacted our social worker and our agency and they said they will edit our homestudy to address the missing information, get it re-signed and resend it to us. Then we need to resubmit it to USCIS. This means another delay. I'm hoping we will have it early this week so we can send it to USCIS. It makes me so nervous because if the missing information is not corrected or does not meet their expectations, they can deny our application!

Please pray that we get the homestudy changed and that it meets their requirements this time. I know I just need to trust God and know this delay is in His plan. It just makes me so nervous. I just want things to continue moving smoothly. We'll keep you posted!

0 comments: