Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bee-bim Bop! Book Find


While looking for Korean cookbooks at our local library, I stumbled across this children's book called "Bee-bim Bop!". I was so excited! Its such a cute book about a little girl who makes Bibimbap with her Mom. All of the words rhyme in cute verses along with adorable pictures.

Rice goes in the middle
Egg goes right on top
MIX IT!
MIX LIKE CRAZY!
Time for Bee-bim bop!

At the end of the book, there are recipes and cooking instructions for bibimbap and also an author's note about bibimbap. It says that bop is the Korean word for rice, and bee-bim is a nonsense sound meaning "mix-mix." So bibimbap means "mix mix rice." Its a favorite meal for many Koreans. After topping rice with meat and stir-fried vegetables, each diner tosses and mixes everything together like crazy to make a delicious meal.

I think its so cool that bibimbap was the first Korean meal that we tried and we loved it! I hope I can buy this book for our daughter someday!

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Cute!!! I am going to order. This book. Love it.