Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One hour to forever!



































We are one hour to being a forever family! My stomach is in knots again! We just stopped and picked up a bouquet for the foster mother. I got all teary-eyed when they finished it and handed it to me! I also just finished wrapping the photo frame I made for her. Before we left for Korea, I altered a plain frame and turned it into a "Family" frame combining both Korean and American accents on it. We hopefully will continue to send her foster mother pictures throughout the next months and years. I am so very grateful to this woman. She was an amazing mother to Addi. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. As I look through the videos and pictures we received from them, I can see the love she has for our daughter. She has spent countless hours playing games and singing songs with her. I don't have words to thank her for being there when I wasn't. I'm all teary again. I'm so sorry that we have to say good-bye to her. I know it will be hard for her and Adelyn to part. But today is a day of new beginnings... today we will be a forever family!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!! Hope your day was great and not too sad for Foster Mama. Our nephew & niece both still celebrate their Gotcha Day (from Korea!) 18 yrs and 16 yrs later! Congratulations Forever Family!! What a fantastic keepsake you have both created for your little beauty!!! She will always know that she does have a history and just what that past was all about - awesome! :) Sooo happy for you all! :D Keep the updates coming when you can - we check it several times each day!!!!!!!!!! Love you all!

mummyofprincesses said...

Many prayers for you and Jeff, Adelyn and her precious foster family!

Omma Goodness said...

Congratulations and Happy Gotcha! She is absolutely precious!

Rossy said...

I'm glad it all went well. I love reading your words: we just had a referral with a little baby girl with sws too so I stay here and dream about our travel!!!

Elisabeth said...

Awesome! Your gotcha day is Annelises first birthday! many blessings, you all look wonderful together!