Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Coincidence?

The day after Jeff and I had opened our hearts to adopting a daughter, I was home sick with the flu. That morning I was laying in bed thinking about the journey we were starting. We had no idea where God would lead us, but we knew we wanted to adopt internationally. The chance of a domestic birthmother changing her mind at the last minute was something neither of us were emotionally prepared to handle. Besides, both of us were being drawn to Asia and the beautiful culture and people of its countries. We decided we would try to pursue an adoption from China.

Fast-forward to that morning.

I am laying sick in bed and Carson is in the living room watching "Arthur" on TV. It just so happens that this particular episode was when Arthur's friend Binkie travels with his family to adopt a little sister from China. By the time the episode ended, Carson came bounding into the bedroom and jumped on the bed and said "Mommy- we need to adopt a baby sister from China! We can name her Mei-ling" (which is what they had named her on TV). He was so excited! He had no idea we were talking about this real reality just hours before! I know God speaks to us, but I would never have guessed he would have spoke through a child's cartoon! I don't believe that was a coincidence!

0 comments: