Monday, August 30, 2010

I just can't get enough Korean!!!

I think I have found my new hobby!!

Learning Korean!!!!

Like I said before, my goal is to keep my mind off the wait for our beautiful daughter. And what better way than to learn the language of her country! It really is a lot of fun!

So as I mentioned before, I've been doing the free podcast lessons at Talk To Me In Korean. I really enjoy them and do one every day!

BUT... I decided to up the ante a bit... I found ANOTHER website that teaches Korean. Its called LiveMocha (any website with the word "mocha" in it can't be bad, huh!!) It is also a free website (you just have to sign up), but is a lot more complex. They have tons of languages to learn if you want to learn a different language and they offer tons of free lessons and lots of good content. I "enrolled" (free) in Basic Korean and just completed Lesson 1 Level 1. Wow! It was PACKED with 40 words and phrases. They started with nouns like man, woman, boy, and girl. Then they added descriptors like short, tall, old, thin. Then they put them into different sentence structures: I am a man, I am old, I am fat or He is a man, she is a woman, You are old, You are rich, etc..... I was amazed at how quickly I picked up the little differences without being formally taught the sentence structures. Their exercises were a combination of pictures, reading, listening, matching, etc... They have great review exercises and flashcard quizzes online too. I am no where ready to move on past Lesson 1 (even though I completed it and passed)... I feel like I need more practice, but I am getting better and better!

So... if you're interested in a new hobby while you wait for your referral, jump onboard!

BYE! 안녕히 계세요. [an-nyeong-hi gye-se-yo]

1 comments:

Todd and Erin said...

That is so cool! I've never seen that before!

Erin