Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ready for more Korean?

안녕하세요 (Hello!)

Well... I can finally, proudly say I have moved on from just being able to pronounce Korean words, to actually learning what they mean!! I now have a huge repertoire of about... 6 phrases!! Hey, don't laugh- its a start!

I know how to say Hello, Good-bye (2 ways), Thank you, Yes, Yes... that's right, and No.

And, I found the coolest place to learn them!

Head back to Talk to Me In Korean and start off with Lesson 1. Its hosted by a fun girl/guy team. Be sure to listen to the podcast- not only do they both have great personalities, but you will hear the correct way to pronounce the Korean words. Lesson 1 taught me how to say Hello and Thank you in about 10 minutes! There is even a PDF workbook you can print and some of the lessons have additional printable worksheets with them. And.... ITS ALL FREE!!

I'm planning on doing 1 lesson per day (Right now, I've completed Lessons 1-3). Its so much fun and since the lessons are so short, I don't feel overwhelmed. Besides, I crack up listening to the two of them! They really are entertaining!

Well.. I'll keep you posted on my Korean!!

BYE!! 안녕히계세요

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I am seriously impressed!! My husband did the Rosetta Stone Mandarin Chinese and did fairly well in China. I am sure it will be fun in Korea to be able to communicate a bit.