Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Faith Can Do

I heard this song on the radio for the first time in the fall of 2009 after our third miscarriage. I remember driving home from school with tears running down my cheeks as I listened to the words. Trying to keep my faith in God. Trying to hold onto our dream of having another child. Knowing that our family just wasn't complete yet... we still had so much more love to share... Hanging onto that little thread of hope as my heart was breaking...

The second time I heard it was in November... about a week after we knew God was leading us to adopt. This time when I heard those words, a tear rolled down my cheek once more... but this time it was a tear of joy. We had kept our dream. Held onto our hope. And God was answering our silent prayers. That's what faith can do.

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do.


0 comments: